Tips for caregivers who are at home with children due to Corona
Tips for caregivers who are at home with children due to preschool or school Corona virus related closures.
- Remember the routines and activities that preschools and schools do with the children daily. Try to ensure that children spend time outdoors as much as possible, in areas which are not densely populated, ideally in woods or similar spaces. Support them to get physical active and do activities that they enjoy.
- Create set routines for their time at home.
- As a parent, it is important that you are responsible for all contact with the school to reduce the child's concerns and be able to answer their questions about homework. It is also important that you support the child with the tasks that they are required to do.
- Explain why the preschool or school is closed, for example that the closure is to help to reduce the spread of infection and not because it is dangerous for the child to be in the classroom Without this, children might come up with their own explanations which in turn may increase their concerns both in the short and long term.
- Take one week at a time and start with what you know. Children are generally content to understand their present situation.
- Remember that the risk of conflicts in the family increases as daily routines change. Read more about our Tryggt föräldraskap guide.